Monday, June 11, 2007

A Guy Named NIMROD

Let me tell you about a guy named Nimrod. No not the great Babylonian king but a "king" in his own right and in his own world. I loved Nimrod. And in my eyes he was every bit the king that he was. That's the funny thing when you're in love. You think the person you love is the greatest. Anyway, life with Nimrod wasn't a walk in the park. He was a major pain in the 'arse' then. I didn't understand then but I do now. He was going through some tough times. But he tried. We had some good times. More bad times. But I didn't care co'z then, in my eyes, he was irreplaceable. He was the greatest. In my eyes, there was no guy like him.

That was then. Now, I don't love Nimrod the way I loved him then. But the irony of it all is that I think he is an even GREATER person now than when I was still passionately in love with him. We "found" each other again recently and I got to know him in a different light. I'm not blinded by romantic or sexual love this time so I got to see him with clearer eyes. And in my clearer eyes, he is still the greatest. He is still irreplaceable. In my clearer eyes, there is still no one like him. Nimrod and I have finally become real friends and in that light, we have come to appreciate each other more. I still love Nimrod but my love now is the kind of love that true friendships are made of.

Nimrod has found a new love and he's gonna be a father soon. I am genuinely happy for him. He deserves every good thing that is happening to him now.

Happy fathers' day to you Nimrod... :-)

No comments:

Template Design | Elque 2007