Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Beautiful Mind

I have a thing for smart guys. No, not the geeky type but the sexy, brooding, a bit angsty, devil - may - care smart guy. Smarts turn me on more than washboard abs do (but those are nice too). I've had the privilege to meet such men and have even shared varying degrees of "closeness" with some of them but there is one guy I'll never forget. I'll call him "Mr. Shankly".

Mr. Shankly list his occupation as "a writer by inclination and a humanist by inspiration". He taught me that sexuality and sensuality should not be objectified to fit a patriarchal pattern. He opened my fascination for friends and lovers and how the two can intermingle. He's into "retooling people's paradigms". He's a 'rebel' but a peace loving one. He showed me how one man can make a difference. He told me that I am the most "whole" person he has ever met and tried hard to make me see that. I'll forever be thankful for the brief time that I got to spend with him. His is one of the most beautiful minds I have ever encountered.

Here's a peek into that beautiful mind which I fell in love with. I hope he'll forgive me for posting this on my blog. Here's one of the stuff he wrote a few months back:
Thursday, September 14, 2006

Make them feel what its like in ruined part of Guimaras

Now that Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo and her entourage have stayed overnight in a resort on Guimaras Island, they say a part of the island is still beautiful. And that is true. In fact, all of Guimaras was once beautiful.

But government was sleeping when a Solar Sunshine converted ship with a captain with an expired license ventured to sail with 2,000,000 liters of bunker fuel. It slept for about two more weeks while the news about the oil spill was all over the new media. It woke up to create a task force. Now it is up and about and ready to savor Guimaras' beauty.

This time, will somebody please get hundreds of one-gallon paint cans and fill them with gasoline. Put them with open lids around the bed of the President and her entourage so that they can smell the gasoline while they sleep, till they wake up in the morning (that is, if they were able to sleep).

Then, when they go to the bathroom and dressing room, put the cans there as well, and when they come out, see how they will look for the rest of the day. When they go for their first cup of tea or coffee and breakfast, put the cans there and see how they will fill their stomachs between gulps of air perfumed with gasoline.

And when they board their luxury cars, put the hundreds of cans filled with gasoline in with them.

At the office, the cafeteria, wherever they go, bring the cans, open them for them to smell. Let us give them the opportunity to experience even just a far-cry similarity of how half of Guimaras feels.

Have they not seen all the blessings with which Petron Corp. and Solar Sunshine Development have gifted Guimaras? Oil, precious oil, so abundant, delivered right around every valued family domain, no value-added tax, no limit, no cost.

Even just for a day, let Arroyo and her entourage, and Petron and Solar Sunshine feel how every man, woman and child has lived in the other half of Guimaras for more than two weeks now.

No comments:

Template Design | Elque 2007