Sunday, June 10, 2007

Girl, Interrupted

Hi, I'm Jovi and I think I'm a bit crazy. Fact is, I think everybody is, up to a certain degree. Have you ever read a book on abnormal psychology and think you have all the disorders written there? I'm that way. There is one disorder in particular that I think I have. Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined within the fields of clinical psychology as a mental condition characterized primarily by emotional dysregulation, extreme "black and white" thinking, or "splitting" (believing that something is one of only two possible things, and ignoring any possible "in-betweens"), and chaotic relationships. It is described as a serious mental illness characterized by pervasive instability in mood, interpersonal relationships, self image, identity, and behavior, as well as a disturbance in the individual's sense of self. Hmmmm... Sounds like me... Call me a psychological hypochondriac but who among us is sane anyway? Who is to say what is normal and what is not? Is anyone of us totally sane or totally insane?

This is what my blog is all about. No, not a boring lecture on BPD but how I manage to survive all the craziness in my life...

No comments:

Template Design | Elque 2007