Friday, July 6, 2007

Sense and Sensibility

No, this is not about the Jane Austen classic novel. This is about my own failings. My occassional lack of proper SENSE and SENSIBILITY. In short, I can be insensitive, sometimes deliberately so and I know that being "deliberately" insensitive is already being MEAN. This insensitivity is borne out of an innate selfishness and sometimes deliberate disregard for other people's feelings and situations. I have hurt a number of people by my insensitivity, even some who are close and important to me. This is not an attempt to justify my failings. I don't think those can be justified. This is just my own form of apology to the many people I have hurt or angered through my insensitivity. Some might forgive me, others might not. I don't really ask to be forgiven for that is something you cannot simply ask for. Forgiveness is entirely up to the offended party. I wrote this apology to let these people know that I feel bad that I have offended, angered and/or hurt them. That I feel a certain sense of loss. That I know I cannot take back the things that I've said but I take full responsibility for them. That I accept and understand their anger. That if alienation from them is the price I have to pay for what I have done, then I humbly, albeit sadly, accept it. I don't ask to be forgiven. All I can do is hope.

5 comments:

Mrs. Earnest said...

Wow, I think this is very neat. It's almost like standing naked in front of an audience. Good for you. It sounds like growth, maturity, and courage.

Cindy said...

Basically, as long as you're attempting to change your negative habbits, you've done everything you can do; apologize and hope for the best. Good luck!

Jovi said...

Thanks for the kind words, you guys. And thanks for the visit. I hope this won't be the last time...

Nick and Tiffany said...

Good job, I find myself being that way... I do not do it on purpose, to me it is more as a way of putting up a guard If I am insensative to your feelings I don't feel and then I don't get hurt. Great blog.

Tiffany
http://www.fillthetank.blogspot.com

Getting Wiser said...

It's nice to be able to bare yourself like that. I hope your message gets across to those you want to reconcile with.

-- teefy

aji1220.blogspot.com

Template Design | Elque 2007