Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Stand Back! I May Have to Up My Hotness to Level 10

I have to write the mayor's Inaugural Speech and the deadline for the submission of the first draft is 5:00 p.m. tomorrow. The assignment was given to me this morning. JUST GREAT! This means another sleepless night for me. I have to arm myself so I went to a convenience store to get some supplies. You know, the usual "burning the midnight oil" staples -- Red Bulls, endless supply of java, chocolates, nuts, anything that would keep me awake. And then HE came. Alighting from a car was this yummy specimen of a guy -- chiseled features, cute eyes, around 5'11", lean, nice tan, broad shoulders, great smile (he smiled at the cashier), even greater looking legs (I can see through jeans, it's a special power of mine that I developed during college. lol). Needless to say, I had to summon just the right amount of control to keep my jaw from dropping to the floor. You see, I love the sight of a great - looking guy the same way guys love the sight of a sexy girl in a miniskirt, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I'm a Libran after all so I'm a lover of beauty. Yeah ok so I'm rationalizing. Anyways, all thoughts about the mayor's speech flew out of the window (the store had no window, so ok maybe through the door, whatever!) and I focused all my concentration on a single thing -- how to strike up a conversation with the superfly guy. As of that moment, I was a woman with a mission and I had to come up with a plan fast. Let's see, hmmm, he has the built of a guy who goes to the gym regularly so maybe that'll be a good topic. And he has a nice tan so maybe he likes the outdoors. But wait! He just dropped a gazillion bags of chips in his shopping basket so maybe he's not much of a health buff after all. Ok so maybe he's a couch potato or he loves watching movies, that'll be a good opening as well. Hold it! He just snatched a copy of Asiaweek from the magazine rack, so maybe he's a well - informed guy who reads and that brings his hotness rating to a critical level (read: super high) based on my "hunk thermometer". I have to plan this veeerrryyy carefully. What to say? What to say? Where's my creativity when I need it the most? What is the best approach? Should I take the "smart girl" route? Nah! It might intimidate him. Or will it be the "a bit goofy, clumsy and helpless" route? Or is it the "hottie route"? Yes! That's it. So stand back people! I may have to up my hotness to Level 10. Kaboom! And I did. But then, the guy was already gone.

NOTE TO SELF: Jovi, next time, don't think too much. Just get the guy!

Needless to say, I went home without the guy's number and with a speech to write. Drat!

5 comments:

AZRAEL said...

yan kase kase lol! tapos ako kukulitin mo sa pm eh noh???

azrael <--second choice lol

Becky said...

i have one word for you overnighter...adderal!

Jovi said...

Nyahahaha! Yeah, and aside from addressing my sleepiness, it'll do wonders for my attention deficit disorder as well. ;-) That was a funny one, Becky...

Cindy said...

See, you put way too much thought into that! Next time just stick out your boobs and go for it!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, just use the old 'bend-and-snap' styles (I watch far too many chick-flicks). If all else fails, clock him over the head with something and drag his unconcious body home, then make up a story about you saving his life. Works like a charm.....honest!

Template Design | Elque 2007