Saturday, July 14, 2007

Pieces of Heaven


Before I begin my new post, I just would like to thank some of the great minds of Blogspot who have visited this blog site and who left some really encouraging comments. Word up!

My post for today is about great friends. A lot has been written about this topic — songs, stories, books, movies, and there was even a long - running, top - rated sitcom about ‘friends’ (who, along the course of their friendships, find themselves sleeping with each other. Oh! But that’s another story). I have lotsa’ casual friends and a handful of really close ones but I believe that I’ve got some of the best and for this I feel really blessed. I honestly believe that one of the most enduring relationships of all is friendship. Most of us have become so busy with the pursuit of romantic relationships that we tend to undermine the value of good friendship. As is true in my case, boyfriends come and go but my friends remain.

What are they for anyway, these friends of ours? Are they just people to hang out with when we have nothing better to do? Are they just people we borrow money from when we’re broke? Are they just sounding boards for yet another heartbreak rant? Are they just stand-in dates when we can’t find a real one on Valentine’s Day? Are they just drinking buddies to spend our Friday nights with? Are they just ‘Fubus’? Yes they are all these and more. For me, good friends represent everything that is good, pure, sincere, loyal, honest, fun, and lasting. They are my little pieces of heaven here on earth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fake Friends are the people who tell you you've had enough to drink and send you home in a taxi. Real Friends tell you to; "Hurry up and scull that beer, you're wasting valuable drinking time."

Friends are heaven on earth. That's the way it should be. Man was not made to live alone. Well said girl.

Jovi said...

That was nice... Thanks so much for the visit... :-)

Template Design | Elque 2007