Sunday, July 8, 2007

Comings and Goings

I am a person who hates to throw things away. I can't seem to part with stuff, even things that are all worn out and useless. And this is currently driving my mom crazy as we are on the verge of losing precious storage space in our house. For me, there is comfort in knowing that these things are just here within my reach in case I need them (which is highly unlikely). I'm the same way with people. I hate losing them and it is very difficult for me to let go. Don't get me wrong, I don't force people to stay if they don't want to and I can accept the circumstances that has led me to lose someone. It's just that the healing takes too long for me. Maybe longer than what can be considered normal. On the outside, it appears that I've already moved on but inside, the emptiness remains. A friend of mine once told me, "Jovi, you'll have to get used to it, people come and go", and he knew what he was talking about for he himself had lost his parents and brother to an accident.

But then I've come to realize that the emptiness will remain forever because when a loved one leaves, the vacant space he/she has left in my heart can never be filled again. Yes my heart will keep on beating and it'll make room for others to come in but the vacant spaces will remain. I admire people who can let go so easily. I wish they'd tell me how.

5 comments:

Choc Mint Girl said...

Hi, Jovi! Me, too!! I have sentimental attachment to my old stuffs or any other things that are related to me. When I was a kid, it’s even harder because sometimes even a candy wrapper I’d bring home and threw it in the dustbin at HOME instead of any place on earth...LOL!!

Little by little I learned to part with things AND as I become older (not that old he he...), I’ve learned to let go my feeling of losing someone... It’s never so easy, you know. I hold on to the possibility that there’s always a blessing in disguise and things happen for a reason. I really believe in this.

I wish you all the best!!!

Jovi said...

Thanks a lot... :-)

Becky said...

Hey Jovi I smell what you're steppin in I can never get rid of anything I have such a big attachment to my clothes and even some school papers I flip if someone gets rid of them without telling me I'm the same way about people too. Recently my best friend was snatched from me by an evil doer who shall remain anonymous(MICHAELA MOORE!) it feels horrible and even though it happened months ago I still can't help but bring it up any time I get the chance it's hard letting go especially if its out of the blue and kicks you in the butt screaming like a wild mongoose!

Jovi said...

I hear ya Becky. I can definitely feel you there. It's so nice of you to share that w/ me... Thanks! :-)

C T L said...

I was just browsing through the forums and noticed your blog. I like your style and perspective. Keep up the good work.

Template Design | Elque 2007