Sunday, July 1, 2007

More than Meets the Eye

I bet Hasbro sales are on record high the day Transformers hit the big screen. That's in addition to the increase in demand for vintage Camaros with racing stripes. The movie was great fun with just the right amount of sap and comedy on the side, and of course, with great action sequences. The movie looks mighty good with real - looking CGIs and yeah, with the requisite actors that are easy on the eyes. The robots' movements were realistic and fluid (not that I've ever seen real robots in my life so I'm not so sure how to define "realistic" here). Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg have done a good job with this movie. It sure did justice to the 80's classic cartoon that I so loved. Most of my fave robot characters were on the movie, which really pleased me.

Yeah, the Transformers is a movie about robots but it has more to it than meets the eye. It is also about the courage and strength of humans despite the fact that we're young, physically fragile beings compared to the locals of the planet Cybertron. It's just too bad for Sam Witwicky (Shia LeBeouf) who won't be able to "totally" make out with his girl inside his car. It is alive, you know. Almost humanlike.

P.S.
They should have given Soundwave the all-important role of the robot hacker instead of the insect-like boombox, Frenzy. Well anyhow, I heard Soundwave's gonna be in the sequel.

4 comments:

CDOToday Admin said...

The whole Transformer movie is light hearted flavor, but when it is a fight scene, they really give a nice blow-by-blow Transformer fights. Though, there are some funny moments with Shia in the movie and I love it like that.

That's it! I want to watch it over and over again.

Jovi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jovi said...

Thanks for the visit, Rob. Yeah it is a cool movie and I wouldn't mind seeing it again...

AZRAEL said...

haven't watched it waaaaaaah! i've been waiting for this movie since last year :(.. saan kaya makaka-score ng pirated dvd? lol

Template Design | Elque 2007