Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Zombie

I haven't been sleeping enough for the last few days (or weeks even) for various reasons. I've been given a lot of "unmerciful" deadlines and I've been sleeping late on my own accord co'z late nights are kinda my "me time". Those are the only times I can do stuff for myself like read or watch TV or surf the net (excessively, that is). And my sleep starved mind has been operating on "auto pilot" ever since, which is not good. Today, my body sort of refused to take any more abuse from me. It slept until 10 a.m. instead of waking up at 6:00 a.m. without any regard for the alarm clock. Ok so I overslept. I don't oversleep! I don't! This is weird! (Cue the "Twilight Zone" theme, tini-ni-niin, tini-ni-niin, tini-ni-niin...) This can't be happening, I have a schedule to follow and straying away from "the schedule" will cause a glitch in the time - space continuum and will affect the balance in the universe and will cause this big implosion of about 300,000 kilometers below sea level... Ok, ok, so I'm exaggerating. I woke up and saw that it was already 10:00 a.m. Needless to say, I'm soooo late for work. So I shot out of bed and headed straight for the shower and on my mad dash to the shower, I tripped onto something and I almost fell. Damn! (Newsflash: taking a shower while still half asleep is not a good idea). Plus I got some shampoo in my eye while showering which really stings. I just have this feeling that this is not gonna be a good day.


4 comments:

Mrs. Earnest said...

Think of it, as a "miracle." Maybe something awful was going to happen this morning and your guardian angels, or a greater force saved you from it . . . plus with you not getting up early you broke some chain of evil events that were going to happen. I guess it's a dark way of being optimistic, or a bright way of being pessimistic. Oh what the heck! You just needed to sleep.

Jovi said...

Hahaha! You're right, Alma. I just needed to sleep. Thanks for the visit!

littlemonstercallum said...

You could always use the excuse that your boss isn't paying you enough and so you couldn't pay your electric bill and so got cut off and so no alarm clock... ok that's maybe a long shot.

By the way I love the Daniel Powter video, so cool.

Jovi said...

Hey, thanks er... LittleMonsterCallum's mum. I hope you'll come visiting again. :-)

Template Design | Elque 2007